Sunday, May 11, 2008

Music in the Dark

If you're just now joining this blog, then I should preface by saying that while this is a "photography blog" per-say, I also choose to blog about some personal things here as well. Today's entry falls into that category.

One of my favorite things to do is lock myself off into a dark room (usually my bedroom) turn off all the lights & lay there listening to music off my ipod. (In this case, Hayden's ipod as mine is no where to be found). I like the fact that it's so dark that I can't see anything else in the room to focus on so I am forced to focus on the music. I like that I can't hear anything else because I'm listening with earphones, so again, no distractions there. It's just very soothing & helps me wind down.
The last few days, even weeks for us (as a family) have had some unexpected curves. You know, the kind where you're driving along & without warning you're being jerked one direction or the other? Just like that. Anyways, it's at times like these when my music in the dark sessions become really vital to me.... Last night I listened to this song by Over the Rhine about 10 times in a row. It's a beautiful song & somehow really spoke to me in this phase in our lives. I'm so thankful for artists who create music to speak to our hearts.
Happy Mothers day to all the mamas out there..... I hope that today you're able to rest, relax & recoup. And if you get some alone time, go listen to a little music in the dark.

No comments: