Monday, April 20, 2009

On Marriage

Hayden is my husband.

Sometimes Hayden makes me crazy.... in a good way.
Sometimes Hayden makes me crazy.... in a "I'd-rather-stab-my-eye-with-a-fork-than-talk-to-you-right-now" kinda way.

This, my friends, is called marriage.

We married young... REAL young. Let's just say the bartender at my wedding shouldn't have let me have actual champagne :) - We "knew" we'd be faced with some tough times because of marrying at the ripe old age of 21 & 20, but we "knew" we'd be just fine.

Well, really... we didn't know anything.

We didn't know the work that it would be... We didn't know the fun that we would have. We didn't know the tears we'd shed in late night arguments & we didn't know the tears we'd shed when first meeting our son. Really, we didn't know much, but we learned together.

In 5 months we will celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary (God, that makes me feel old...). And even though we have those eye-stabbing days where there seems to be more "work" required than not, it will be followed by 100 more fun days, full of laughter & excitement & our favorite word here... "change".

So to all of my brides & grooms to be who may be reading this, or to my couples of the past, I'll leave you with this quote from one of Hayden's all-time favorites... (enter eye-stab here :)

I got gaps
you got gaps
we fill each other's gaps.
-Rocky



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it

Kelly Buffington said...

I totally understand how you feel. You made me get tears in my eyes. I have those days, but when the day is over....Bobby is there to make me happy, be my shoulder to cry on, and tell me everything will be ok. I am happy you guys are going strong. We are nearing toward fostering to adopt!